The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute – in association with the Friedrich Schiller University and the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology are offering an international graduate training program. The International Leibniz Research School (ILRS Jena) gives doctoral researchers the possibility to prepare for their PhD exam in a striving, an ambitious program providing exceptional, excellent research conditions.
– A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Natural or Life Sciences. Research at ILRS is centred around “Microbial and Bio-molecular Interactions”. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
– High enthusiasm and interest to join one of the research areas of ILRS
– An integrative and cooperative personality
– Very good communication skills in English
– A top-level research environment
– Efficient supervision by a team of advisors
– An all-inclusive mentoring program (cf. Program of Study)
– Courses in high-tech technologies and soft skills
– Strong communication and interaction between the involved institutions
– Jena – City of Science: innovative, modern business activities, successful scientific centres and a exciting cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Three-year PhD positions are available starting from March 2013. Salary will be paid according to TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). HKI is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: 2 December 2012.