University of Cambridge offers Scholarships for International PhD Students for Pursuing Science Based Studies, UK 2013.
- Study Subject(s): Scientific subject (this includes Architecture, Biological Anthropology, Geography, Management Studies and Mathematics).
- Course Level HD
- Scholarship Provider: University of Cambridge
- Scholarship can be taken at: UK
Who is Eligible?
Eligibility criteria for the Lundgren Research Awards (Non UK, ‘Science’ based Studies) Eligibility is restricted to Graduate Students who:
- Must be formally registered for the PhD. Degree.
- Are ordinarily resident overseas (including EU countries).
- Must be pursuing research in a scientific subject (this includes Architecture, Biological Anthropology, Geography, Management Studies and Mathematics).
- Be registered on a full-time basis
- Have completed at least 4 terms of research
- Have displayed a high aptitude for research
- Be in demonstrable need of financial assistance, as a result of unforeseen changes in their
- Financial circumstances.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
The Hardship and Lundgren funds make awards to students who are experiencing financial hardship as a result of unexpected changes in their financial circumstances. In assessing applications the Student Registry relies greatly on the student’s application, supervisors’ comments and the Tutors’ recommendations. It is the aim of the funds to help support students to complete a course, but not necessarily the one they came to study. Therefore, students experiencing funding collapse early in their studies might be better advised to intermit until they can put a funding package back in place. Also students can normally only apply once to these funds.
Value of Award: The Fund will not usually provide more than £1,500 in any case.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
30th September and 30th March each year.