It is really important with the passage of time, it has become increasingly necessary to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels, because it is reducing to the large extent and it is time for to turn to renewable resources, such as wind energy. But renewable energy sources have their advantages and disadvantages also. Which are as follows?
• Wind energy is an environment friendly and useful energy resource as it does not need any fossil fuels to be burnt in order to generate electricity for our daily from wind energy.
• Wind turbines require less space as compared to the average electric power station. Windmills only need a few square meters for the base, which allows the extra land surrounding the turbine to be used for other purposes, for example, agriculture.
• Newer, better technologies are being incorporated to make the lineage of wind energy much more efficient and have good working performance. Most of all, the wind is free, we must take benefit from it!
• Wind turbines are excellent to generate or produce energy in remote areas, where it is difficult to supply power through traditional means of electricity such as mountain communities and other far off countryside places. Wind turbines have different sizes to support varying population levels according to their needs.
• When combined with solar electricity, this energy can be quite better for countries to provide a steady, stable, reliable supply of electricity.
• The huge demerits of wind power are the unreliability factor. Wind turbines can only be installed in areas that have sufficient and enough strong wind. Also, if the wind strength is good, but varies over time, you can solve this problem by combining solar panels with wind turbines to produce power.
• Wind turbines generally produce much less electricity as compared to the average fossil fuelled power station. This means that a great number of wind turbines have to be built in order to make an impact. And take benefits to obtain require daily power.
• Wind turbine creation and construction can be enough expensive and costly to surrounding wildlife during the building process.
• Commercial wind turbines can produce heavy noise and can cause noise pollution as their noise is sometimes similar to a small jet engine which is against human nature.